Business Intelligence Analyst: FinTech
Industry: FinTech Start-up
Founded: 3+ years ago
Level: 2-4 years relevant experience
Company Size: ~25+
Digital transactional data sits at the heart of what we offer as solutions in the emerging FinTech world. Our product demand has grown exponentially as has the size of our data-sets and we are seeking a Business Intelligence analyst to help evolve our understanding of both internal product performance and external client analytics that will lead to new innovations for the business in 2020 and beyond.
The successful candidate should have experience of programmatically exploring and manipulating large datasets in a relatively new data-rich platform to help drive product strategy forward. Your business acumen and relationship management skills will also be critical to the role as you will be helping define and solve the hard questions that we face.
Due to the relatively new nature of our data, we expect this role to complete primary and secondary research in the client space. This will come in the form of market research and data analytics which can help derive compelling insights for our clients. Taking ad hoc snapshots of the data to answer questions that we have will help us achieve some quick wins and move towards a longer term data strategy.
As you evolve in the role, we expect the focus to also include creating dashboards and regular reports to deliver valuable insights and metrics for on-going product innovation.
· At least 2-4 years experience of data analytics in commercially-driven environments
· Extensive experience of the retail and/or FinTech space to understand key players and decision-makers mentality.
· Extensive experience in querying databases programmatically (SQL/R/Python stack)
· Have good working knowledge of data analytics and transforming data into actionable insight
· A strong storyteller that can synthesise large amounts of research and communicate back to internal and external stakeholders in a compelling and relevant way
· Have demonstrable business acumen through commercial experience working in or closely with decision making functions
· UK/EU citizens or right to work without sponsorship