Data Engineer (Java/SQL)
Industry: Data Consulting
Location: London (central)
Travel: Yes – UK & Europe
Founded: 20+ years
Level: 2-5 years relevant experience
Company Size: 50+
We have been at the forefront of the Data field for the last 20 years bridging the gap between hidden data in organisations to creating data frameworks that help organisations with actionable insight and better decision making. We have remained lean and small but still aligned ourselves with the likes of IBM and Amazon WS delivering both technical and holistic services long before the term “Big Data” was coined.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a proven track record of developing or implementing data related technologies on time, to specification and to quality assured standards. The ideal candidate will have roots in Java Development and Integration as well as having Relational Database and SQL experience.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll typically be working at customer sites throughout UK and Europe and supported by our client demand, you will be responsible for configuring and implementing a variety of data management systems and solutions. All while ensuring security, scalability, performance and the minimisation and resolution of defects.
· Have a minimum of two years development or implementation experience in a data related technology. Successful candidates may include Java developers (of data centric applications), ETL developers, data analysts and data scientists.
· Have two years of Java development and integration experience
· Have two years of relational database and SQL experience
· Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent, demonstrating a sound grasp of computer science.
· Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication, and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them technically.
· Be experienced in structured problem solving. Possibly by being trained and or certified in a suitable methodology.
· Be willing to travel throughout Europe as projects require.