Enterprise Architect: Digital Data & Governance
Industry: Consultancy (Data, Digital & Governance)
Location: London or remote working
Travel: Subject to client demand (the higher the travel, the more remote working is a possibility)
Founded: 15+ years ago
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Company Size: 150+
Our company has built its reputation in providing key digital and governance frameworks for key industry sectors. Our project scopes are fundamental to the way organisations and regulatory bodies operate bridging the gap between emerging technology platforms and traditional governance frameworks.
We are looking for talented digital transformation enterprise architect as part of our on-going project plans. These roles require travel to client sites and may include international travel in support of specific client engagements and so we may be flexible for remote working opportunities for those open to consulting engagements.
Our enterprise architects gain a broad range of exposure in Business, Data, and Technical architecture skills and so we tend to identify hybrid individuals capable of working in complex project environments.
• Advise clients on how to achieve their business/technical objectives and be adaptable in the influencing techniques you use.
• Build fit-for-purpose architectures within complex organisations, including public sector services, with a focus on the architecture across entirety of the organization (digital, data, governance, technology).
• Support digital transformation initiatives and on-going change to strategic architectures while maintaining momentum in the delivery of new services.
• Facilitate the creation of governing principles and policies to guide decision making.
• Manage the full lifecycle of an architecture, covering requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation.
• Design assurance, and reconciling solution architectures against an enterprise architecture.
• Use of formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, and exposure to, a broad cross-section of different market sectors, and both public and private sector experience.
• Architecture experience - over 3+ years as an enterprise architect with experience across the breadth of the architecture spectrum.
• Technology experience - over 5 years within the technology industry ideally bridging the gap between digital, technology and data frameworks.
• Translation and communication of business outcomes into enterprise architecture requirements that can be clearly understood by senior leadership and supply partners.
• Knowledge of how to tailor enterprise architecture methodologies to meet the needs of an organisation to support holistic business change.
• Ability to understand business requirements and how these translate into an enterprise architecture.
• Experience of gathering requirements, documenting and modelling functions and interactions within an organisation.
• Experience of developing visual representations of architectures for business and technical audiences.
• Analysis of complex business and IT environments to identify critical deficiencies and the ability to set out clear recommendations for improvement.
• Adaptable and quickly able to understand organisational drivers, strategies, business needs and enterprise principles.
• Broad technology knowledge with an understanding of legacy, current and emerging technologies, and market trends.
• Commercial understanding of how the selection of technologies delivers best value solutions with a sustainable whole lifecycle cost.
• Certified to an industry recognised architecture standard (e.g. TOGAF).
• Knowledge of public sector digital and technology strategies.
• Experience of working with SOA and web-based architectures.
• Experience of when to use licenced software products, bespoke developments, open source, cloud, and how to take advantage of, and reuse, existing solutions.
• Knowledge of change management including programme and project delivery (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile) with preference given to certifications.
• Knowledge of IT service management (e.g. ITIL) with preference given to certifications..
• Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise our company profile.
• Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical.
• Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for end-end projects.
• Ability to develop relationships with external clients.
• Open-minded yet sensitive to internal and political constraints.