Marketing Technical Engineer: Retail
Industry: Analytics/Data Consulting
Location: London (central)
Founded: 30+ years ago
Salary: ~£45,000 - £65,000 basic
Company Size: 400+
Our Tech Services Group act as the key technical resource for our overall Data-driven marketing and Digital SaaS platform environment. Analytics-led solution sit at the heart of what we offer both for strategic consulting and technical delivery. The team leads the way in customer management by helping clients acquire, develop and retain customers through effective customer strategy planning, optimising marketing campaigns and customer insight. Our work is underpinned by high quality consumer and market data and leading technology.
The Technical Engineer works with the Client Services Group to meet client needs, by developing new and/or enhancing existing client solutions. Utilising business insights, technical and data processing knowledge, they interpret client requirements to design, build, test and deploy end to end client solutions to a high-quality standard, on time and to budget.
Our team are hybrid individuals that bridge the gap between technical data-driven platforms and customer-driven marketing.
· Providing inputs to client solution change and service requests
· Translating client business requirements into solution design
· Providing impact assessment on proposed changes to existing solutions
· Estimating effort and duration to deliver components of the end to end solution in the most cost-effective and standard way
· Designing and documenting solution implementation including all assumptions
· Development and testing of system components
· Performing client solution upgrades
· Solid experience of Enterprise Databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL etc.)
· Solid experience of an ETL tool (e.g. Informatica, DataStage, ODI, SSIS, Alteryx etc.)
· Solid experience of data analysis & design to build efficient high-performance solutions
· Solid experience of shell scripting (Unix, SQL etc)
· Some experience of B2C marketing or customer SaaS solutions
· Ability to work with minimal supervision but as part of a team of similarly skilled people
· Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities
· Strong internal and external communication skills
· Excellent documentation skills
We take pride in identifying autonomous individuals that enjoy working as part of a collective unit and keen to hire at any level as long as there is a good technical and cultural match.