Data Consultant (Analytics & Data Science)
Industry: Marketing, Consulting, Data Strategy
Location: London (Central)
Founded: 30+ years ago
Experience Level: 3+ positions at different levels
Company Size: 400+
With over 30 years of success in Data, Analytics & Strategic solutions to clients in both the public and private sectors, our small Data Science group acts as the unique point of contact for more complex data-driven solutions for our clients.
We work on a complex set of consultancy engagements for a range of major brands across all industries. We focus on using rigorous analytics and forward-looking techniques to deliver user-friendly insight and capabilities that go beyond basic analytics. We bridge the gap between holistic solutions while at the same time offering practical and tactical options for clients interested in Data Science concepts.
The emphasis of our work is on advanced analytics techniques that range from multivariate statistical methods for deriving insight through to practical machine learning methods for product design. We are thus seeking versatile individuals who are interested in diverse challenges rather than individuals who are focused too much on concepts such as “deep learning”.
All of our projects are bespoke and we will need individuals who can work in collaborative work environments engaging with various teams such as sales, consulting, marketing as well as individuals not shy to dig into the nitty-gritty of R/Python libraries to undergo deeper analysis of data.
This position would suit someone who considers themselves “well-rounded” in the field of Data Science for commercial challenges.
· Practical analytics experience in a data-driven environments (marketing, ecommerce, digital etc)
· The creativity and technical know-how to be able to develop and deliver analytically rigorous yet easy to use data-driven solutions
· MSc study in a numerate discipline (degree level profiles also considered).
· An interest in implementing or developing novel machine learning algorithms and techniques, and applying those on customer-centric data-sets.
· The willingness to take on a range of roles, from customer project work, to product development, to user training and supporting the sales team
· A good grounding in machine learning, predictive analytics and relevant experience in techniques from regression to clustering
· An ability to communicate complex ideas in an approachable way
· Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge and experience of at least one of R or Python libraries
· Critical thinking approach in being able to design new techniques and approaches, and critique and improve existing algorithms
· Good writing and communication skills: proposals and documentation
· The ability to work in a small team or independently
· Knowledge and experience of tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, SAS, SQL, VBA
· Knowledge of simulation techniques