Insight Analytics Consultant
Industry: Analytics/Data Consulting
Location: London (Central)
Founded: 30+ years ago
Salary: ~£40,000 basic + benefits
Company Size: 200+
We are a small but established Insight Consulting business who have spent the last several decades building tactical and strategic solutions within the retail and related sectors. Our focus is on building bespoke analytics and data solutions that cover diverse challenges in the retail domain from spatial planning, consumer high-street behaviour through to marketing strategies for global diversity.
The Consultant will manage and deliver a variety of projects and accounts providing strategic recommendations, bespoke analysis and consultancy services that form our overall consulting solutions.
The role will involve writing proposals in response to client requests, dealing with day to day client queries and overseeing the analytics product offerings. The candidate is also expected to carry out analysis themselves across a wide range of project areas.
The candidate must have proven experience in client management, problem solving, taking ownership of projects from inception to completion, ensuring high analytical standards, clear conclusions and prompt delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the commercial growth of the team by utilising their experience and potentially contacts from across the industry. The role involves significant contact with external parties including representatives of the client, key project team professionals and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate, as well as being a highly motivated self-starter, will have the following skills:
· Proven experience in managing complex projects and large accounts in analytics/data-driven environments.
· The ability to draw on their industry experience to contribute to thought leadership
· The ability to distil conclusions from statistical outputs
· Good understanding of Excel
· Good understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint
· Be experienced in the retail or related sectors (real-estate/property, FMCG/CPG, etc).
· Knowledge of GIS software and its applications
· Understanding of statistical modelling techniques
· Knowledge of BI dashboard tools such as QlikView/Qliksense or Tableau
· Educated to at least degree level at 2:1 or above, in a subject with high numerical content (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Geography)
· Excellent written/verbal English
· Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical individuals
· Proven experience in presenting reports and conclusions to a senior audience